Engelhardt & Associates, Inc.Radiation Consultants
Industrial Consulting Services
Finding it hard to locate a radiation consultant that focuses on industrial settings?
Look no further. Engelhardt & Associates, Inc. is a leader in industrial radiation safety.
- Provide complete set-up of radiation safety programs, including procedures, written radiation safety program and audit structure in accordance with regulatory guidance.
- Training classes are recognized by regulatory agencies as meeting intent of NUREG 1556 Volumes 1 and 4
- Set up new radiation safety programs
- Write procedures
- Assist in selection of radiation detection equipment
- Perform routine maintenance: Shutter checks, inventory, collect leak tests, and other related requirements
- Perform non-routine maintenance: Oversee relocation of gauges, shutter service, preparation for shipment and troubleshoot operational aspects of the gauges
- Assist with setup and operation of scrap detection systems and source identification issues in the metals industry
- Melt plan development for the metals industry
- General license and specific license assistance
- Perform radiological surveys as needed
- Develop device registrations for the gauging industry
- Write licenses, amendments and renewals.
- Fixed gauges (both radioactive material and X-ray)
- Portable gauges (both radioactive material and X-ray)
Specific Areas of Expertise
- Metals industry
- Paper industry
- Industrial radiography
- Electron Beam use
- Blood irradiators
- Panoramic pool irradiators
- Linear accelerators
- Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) and Technologically Enhanced Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (TENORM)
- Enhanced Security requirements
- Analytical X-ray equipment
- Security screening devices
- Certain mining applications
- RSO/User/General and Refresher Training: For both fixed and portable gauge users
- Refresher Training for Industrial Radiography: Meets continuing education credits through ASNT
- RSO/User/General/Refresher Training: For users of Analytical X-ray equipment
- Linear Accelerators: Training for individuals that use linear accelerators for sterilization of products
- Panoramic (Pool) Irradiators: We provide training for users of pool irradiators used for sterilization purposes
- Blood Bank Irradiators: Training for users and staff in blood bank irradiator facilities.
- Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM) and Technologically Enhanced Radioactive Materials (TENORM): Training on all aspects of NORM and TENORM.
- Mining: Training on radiation safety in mining applications such as sand, coal and certain applications in uranium mining; knowledge of MSHA requirements is emphasized.
Set-Up of Radiation Safety Programs
- Develop written programs that meet regulatory intent
- Program compliance with license and regulations
- Develop easy to use and implement procedures and tracking systems for regulatory compliance.